You can accept a partner request within the owning Business Manager to grant someone access to a Page in that Business Manager. If you are the Business Manager admin, you can approve their request to transfer ownership of your Page. If your Business Manager does not own the Page you are attempting to claim, then this scenario applies. You can accept the partner request on the Page by going to Settings and selecting Roles if the Page is not managed by a Business Manager.
Before you Start
- Only Page admins can approve requests. This only applies to those with Page admin permissions through Business Manager.
- To get your request authorised if you’re not the Page admin, email this article to the person with Page admin permissions in the owning Business Manager.
- You can grant access to a Page in a Business Manager that controls the page. You need to be aware of who has the authority to accept your request for a partner or ownership. We are unable to disclose further information about the person who will accept your request due to privacy concerns.
- Partner Business Manager Admin: An outside Page may be requested by the administrator of the partner Business Manager. The approval of that proposal must come from either:
- Page Admin: Admin on a Facebook page if there isn’t a Business Manager who owns it
- Business Manager Admin: Admin of Business Manager that owns Page and other business assets
Approve Ownership or Partner Request from Pages
If you are the owner of a Page, you can accept partner or ownership requests for your Page. Only Page owners should follow the instructions below. To accept a request from Pages for ownership or a partner:
- Open your Page.
- Choose Page Settings from the left menu
- Choose Page Roles.
- Under Partner Request or Ownership Requests, you will find the request. Choose Respond to Request.
- If it’s a Partner Request, Choose Give [Business Manager Name] access to my Page, or if it’s an Ownership Request, select Transfer Ownership of My Page
You can also approve partner requests in this way if you are a Business Manager admin:
- Log in to your Business Manager
- From your left sidebar, go to Business Settings. Click Requests.
- Click on the Received tab. Here, you would find businesses that have requested access to your Page. You would also find information about the user who has requested access and the business they belong to.
- Select Approve or Decline.
You have now authorised a partner request to grant access to the Page or an ownership request to change who owns the Page.
You may need to dispute ownership of the Page and submit an application for it to be detached if you are unsure of which Business Manager controls it.
For more help, please contact the Facebook Support Team.