To manage account access to your company’s LinkedIn page and Ads Manager, let’s first focus on the company page.
There are three types of Company Page administrators:
- Designated Admin access – allows employees to make edits to your Company Page, add other admins, and post company updates.
- Direct Sponsored Content Poster access – gives marketers at your company the ability to share content to the homepage feed of LinkedIn members.
- Pipeline Builder Admin access – gives users the ability to create and edit Pipeline Builder landing pages that are associated with your Company Page.
Add LinkedIn Admins
To add other LinkedIn admins:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Below Manage, select your Company Page.
- Click on Admin Tools at the top of the page and click Manage Admins.
NOTE: You must be connected to a member to include them as an admin.
- Click on the type of admin you want to add at the top of the page
(Designated Admin, Recruiting Poster, or Direct Sponsored Content Poster).
NOTE: Make sure there is at least one other Designated Admin for this page (two admins at all times).
Now that you have a LinkedIn company page, let’s move on to LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
To access Campaign Manager:
1) Log into your ads account (linkedin.com/ad/accounts) and sign in using your personal LinkedIn account (which is already an admin for your company page we just created (see above).
2) Once you’re logged in, navigate to “Add account.”
3) Select a company name or URL:
- Company name: Enter the company name you want to associate with your account in the first field and select the correct page from the dropdown list. Note: If your Company or Showcase Page doesn’t appear in the list, select the URL option.
- URL: Enter the URL for the LinkedIn Company Page (not website URL).
4) Enter a name for your account and select a billing currency.
5) Click Add Account.
** You are now your company’s LinkedIn Ad Account and Billing Admin!
You can give others access to your ad account by logging into Campaign Manager, navigating to the account drop-down on the top right hand of your screen, and selecting Manage Access.
Click Add User to Account.
You can paste in the member’s LinkedIn public profile URL or type in the name of the member you would like to add.
Here are the access levels and what they entail:
- Make sure you have at least one other person as a designated account manager in case you leave the company, are out sick, etc.
- NOTE: Unlike Google AdWords and Facebook, you cannot add people to your campaign manager, only to specific ad accounts. So make sure your company’s ad account doesn’t have more than 3 account managers and make sure there are at MINIMUM two account managers at all time.
- In the case that someone is no longer at the company, here are the rules for removing account users:
- You must be an Account Manager to remove a Campaign Manager, Creative Manager, or Viewer.
- You must be an Account Manager and assigned as the Billing Admin to remove another Account Manager.
- Locate the user from the list of users in the Manage access window.
- Click the “X’ to the right of their name.