Welcome to Vigilante Marketing! We’re excited to partner with you. This guide will walk you through the steps to successfully upload and name your files in our shared Google Drive folder.
1. Accessing the Shared Folder:
- We will send you a link to the shared Google Drive folder called ‘VM Share’.
- Click on the link to access the folder.
- If prompted, sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to create it.
- This folder will be filed in the ‘Shared with me’ section in the left navigation bar.
2. Navigating our Pre-Made Folders
- Once inside the folder VM Share, you’ll see an interface with some existing subfolders called ‘Branding’, ‘Marketing’, and ‘Website’. You will organize your files and subfolders within these existing folders.
- If we are doing brand development for your company, place relevant files/folders within the ‘Branding’ folder.
- If we are doing marketing for you, such as social media, SEO, ads, or content writing, place relevant files/folders within the ‘Marketing’ folder.
- If we are building a website for your company, place relevant imagery in the ‘Website’ folder.
3. Uploading Files/Images:
- Once you have double-clicked into Branding, Marketing, or Website, click on the ‘+ New’ button on the left sidebar to create a new file or folder. Once you hit that button, a drop down menu will appear.
- To upload files, select ‘File upload’. Locate and select the desired files from your computer. You can select multiple files by holding down the ‘Ctrl’ (or ‘Cmd’ on Mac) button while clicking on the files.
- To upload a folder with multiple files inside, select ‘Folder upload’. Choose the desired folder from your computer.
4. Naming Files and Folders:
- To ensure a consistent and efficient workflow, please adhere to our naming conventions:
Begin the title with the date of the file in YYYY-MM-DD format, followed by a
clear and descriptive name, clarifying what type of content it is.
Example: “2023-03-24 Meeting Notes”
If you’re creating a new folder, name it based on the overall theme or project.
-It is not necessary to add a date to the folder name unless specifically relevant.
5. Sharing Additional Access:
For security reasons, please do not share the folder link with anyone outside your team without our prior knowledge and consent. If there are other members of your team who need access, kindly let us know and we can make the necessary arrangements.