You’ll need to get your authorization code (also known as Auth or EPP code) prior to transferring your domain away from GoDaddy. You won’t be able to transfer your domain away if it’s within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a 60-day lock was applied after updating domain contact information. You can still get your auth code in these cases, and for multiple domains at a time, by creating an exportable list.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select the domain you’ll be transferring to get to the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Transfer domain away from GoDaddy. Option showing disabled? Create and download an exportable list instead.
- Review the transfer checklist, then select Continue with transfer.
- Select Click here to see Authorization Code.
- Select Copy to Clipboard to copy your authorization code. We’ll also send an email with your auth code to the administrative email address on your domain name.
- Select Return to Domains List to go back to your list of domains, or select Cancel transfer to go back to the Domain Settings page.